Best Electric Toothbrush under $50? Notice that some of these cheap electric toothbrushes under 50 dollars do not have advanced features but still offer basic level features on a budget.
- Some are accompanied by a pressure sensor as well as quad timer
- They are rechargeable as well.
- Although the cost is far more than a manual toothbrush, you will enjoy the results of your investment.
Best Electric Toothbrush under $50
1. Oral B Black 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral B Black 1000 power rechargeable electric toothbrush eliminates more plaque from under your gums and on the gum-line by 300% when compared to the ordinary manual toothbrush.
- It employs the scientifically tested and proven Oral B 3D superior cleaning that rotates, pulsates and oscillates at an angle to remove more plaque than ordinary toothbrushes.
- It features one cleaning mode: Daily clean for regular cleaning
- It has a pressure sensor to alert you when you are brushing too hard.
- It also has an inbuilt 2 minutes timer that buzzes in 30 seconds interval to ensure that you clean all sections of your mouth effectively
The Oral B 1000 has a dentist inspired CrossAction brush head that encircles each tooth with bristles positioned at a 16-degree angle while rotating pulsating and oscillating. The overall effect is that the 3D cleaning technique is very efficient at removing plaque even those hidden under crevices and under the gumline. Check it out, it one of the few quality inexpensive best value for money electric toothbrush.
Check the Oral-B Black Pro 1000 on Amazon
2. Oral B Vitality Dual Clean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B vitality dual clean electric toothbrush is the cheapest Oral B electric toothbrush that accompanies a charger that you can leave the brush on, and an extra brush head. It costs around $25 roughly. It is arguably the best price electric toothbrush in USA market.
- This Oral B specially designed toothbrush called “Ortho” has the ability to clean the base of your teeth plaque builds. It can also clean braces.
- Operates on the Oral B 3D angled cleaning that covers tooth by tooth for best possible cleaning.
- It is compatible with other Oral B brushes apart from Oral B sonic toothbrushes
- The Oral B Vitality has a two minutes timer that aids you in cleaning for the dentist recommended brushing duration for efficient cleaning.
- It charges through magnetic induction and like most Oral B brushes, the charge lasts between 7-10 days on a single charge.
- It has relatively slower speeds than trademark top Oral B 3D rotary toothbrushes.
- It oscillates at 7600 strokes per minute compared to high-end Oral B power brushes that oscillate at 8800 and do up to 40,000 pulsations per minute. However, it is quite effective for cleaning teeth and removing plaque. It is also recommended for cleaning braces.
Check the Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean on Amazon
3. Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is more or less the same cost as the Oral B Vitality. It is calmer than the Oral B Vitality. It employs patented sonic innovation to tenderly remove plaque in difficult-to-reach regions.
- It has a smart timer to enable you to hit the two minutes brushing recommended by dentists.
- The Philips essence is one of the best selling electric toothbrushes under 50
- The battery lasts for two weeks on a single charge
- Its bristles fade away when the brush head is due for replacement.
- The Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush has an easy start mode that gradually pumps up the sonic oscillations slowly as you get used to the sonic experience of multiple strokes per minute.
- It comes in two colors; pink and blue/white. It is also sold as a twin pack for couples or twins.
The Philips Essence is the best selling toothbrush in the budget/cheap electric toothbrush category. Here is why.
When it comes to basic “no frills” tooth cleaning, the Philips Essence give you the same efficiency as top end toothbrushes like Sonicare DiamondClean. This is because it runs on the patented sonic teeth cleaning technology that makes up to 30,000 strokes per minute.
The only difference between top end Sonicare toothbrushes and the Philips Sonicare Essence is that the Essence runs on the basic cleaning mode of Daily Clean while to the top end versions give you more functionality, like 3-5 cleaning modes (clean, gum care,white, sensitive and polish mode.), USB charging, travel case and more “frills and bells”. The price of Sonicare Essence is right and will give you value for money, as it is also durable. It is probably the best inexpensive electric toothbrush.
Check the Philips Sonicare Essence Sonicon Amazon
In Buying Best Cheap Electric Toothbrush: Consider This
Although they all serve the same purpose, rechargeable electric toothbrushes come in various designs. Depending on the one that you choose primarily comes down to personal preference and comfort.
- Bristle Variety and Aesthetic appeal: Just like the conventional toothbrush, the electrical ones also have different bristle textures and shapes. Like earlier said, customer preference is key to ultimate comfort. Go for the brush that you feel comfortable to use. Why consider the bristle variety? Here is why most of the doctors recommend a soft bristle head in case you have sensitive teeth or gums. Alternatively, some believe the medium is always the best in removing plaque.
- Brushing Modes: Ensure that you take the time to choose your brush. It is always prudent to buy a brush that offers different speed levels of pressure. Normally, best brushes have an option to create a customized mode that is ideal for the user.
- Battery life and charging abilities: The electric toothbrush power-up quickly. One can charge them and get to use them severally before the power elapses. You will require approximately 12hours to recharge your brush.
- Ergonomic Grip: Best electrical toothbrushes have a soft grip which makes them more comfy to use and handle. In case you don’t like the feel of vibrations, you might consider going for soft-grip handles that lessen the vibrations while brushing.
- Pressure sensors: Harsh scrubbing to remove plaque can do you more harm than good. You can opt to go for brushes that have pressure sensors. Some produce a beeping sound when you press too hard while others will automatically stop pulsing.
- After considering preference and lifestyle, buyers can decide what features are most important. There are several brands on the market that offer almost all the characteristics named above. In most cases, more features mean a higher price tag for the brush. In case you want a high-end model brush with several features, it’s important to make a few comparisons before making choices.
The thing that separates the top end and inexpensive, budget electric toothbrushes is the level of functionality. High-end toothbrushes have different customization features like whitening, settings for sensitive teeth, tongue cleaner, Bluetooth pairing and the list goes on. All these features enhance your teeth cleaning sessions.
However, if you are only interested in getting your teeth cleaned with a power toothbrush then and decent cheap electric toothbrush will do.
Any good affordable electric toothbrush will do the job seven times better than a manual toothbrush. It will also help you brush for the dentist-recommended two minutes. In this case, any best electric toothbrush under $50 that is rechargeable will improve the way you brush your teeth and lead to better oral hygiene.