Best Electric Toothbrush under $50? Notice that some of these cheap electric toothbrushes under 50 dollars do not have advanced features but still offer basic level features on a budget.
- Some are accompanied by a pressure sensor as well as quad timer
- They are rechargeable as well.
- Although the cost is far more than a manual toothbrush, you will enjoy the results of your investment.
Best Electric Toothbrush under $50
1. Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100
The Philips Sonicare ProtectiveClean 4100 is one of the best electric toothbrushes for sensitive teeth and gums under 50 dollars. It comes with a pressure sensor to stop you from brushing aggressively and a built-in timer for helping you to brush at recommended two minutes time per session. See how it compares with other protectiveclean models in our Philips Sonicare 4100 vs 5100 vs 6100.
Other add-ons to this electric toothbrush include:
- Ability to remind you when to change the brush head using its inbuilt alert system. As you already know, brush head accumulates bacteria with time, therefore you are advised to change it every 3 to 4 month and, this protectiveclean 4100 will remind you to do so when the time for changing comes.
- Capable of removing up to seven times more dental plaque than manual toothbrushes
- It comes in white and mint and black and white colour to give you a wider colour selection
- Has a long-lasting Lithium-Ion battery of up to two weeks time and a charging station to charge it on demand. It takes 24 hours to full charge and the good thing is that the 4100 will alert you when to charge it using amber flashlight. During charging 2 beeps indicates that the handle is well attached to the charger and when it is charging a solid green light means the battery is full but a flash green means that it is still charging
- It automatically switches itself off when not in use to save you battery power
- It is waterproof, however; you are advised not to dip it into the water or using it in a shower.
- With it you get 2 years warranty and you can get 6 months more on top of 2 years by registering your toothbrush on the Philips Sonicare website.
- It does not include a travel case when compare to protectiveclean 6100that has one. However, in case you want an electric toothbrush with a travel case, check our best travel electric toothbrush.
- You get only One brush head
2. Oral B Black 1000 Power Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral B Black 1000 power rechargeable electric toothbrush eliminates more plaque from under your gums and on the gum-line by 300% when compared to the ordinary manual toothbrush.
- It employs the scientifically tested and proven Oral B 3D superior cleaning that rotates, pulsates and oscillates at an angle to remove more plaque than ordinary toothbrushes.
- It features one cleaning mode: Daily clean for regular cleaning
- It has a pressure sensor to alert you when you are brushing too hard.
- It also has an inbuilt 2 minutes timer that buzzes in 30 seconds interval to ensure that you clean all sections of your mouth effectively
The Oral B Black 1000 has a dentist inspired CrossAction brush head that encircles each tooth with bristles positioned at a 16-degree angle while rotating pulsating and oscillating. The overall effect is that the 3D cleaning technique is very efficient at removing plaque even those hidden under crevices and under the gumline. Check it out, it one of the few quality inexpensive best value for money electric toothbrush.
3. Oral B Vitality Dual Clean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush
The Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush is the cheapest Oral B electric toothbrush that accompanies a charger that you can leave the brush on, and an extra brush head. It costs around $25 roughly. It is arguably the best price electric toothbrush in USA market.
- This Oral B specially designed toothbrush called “Ortho” has the ability to clean the base of your teeth plaque builds. It can also clean braces.
- Operates on the Oral B 3D angled cleaning that covers tooth by tooth for best possible cleaning.
- It is compatible with other Oral B brushes apart from Oral B sonic toothbrushes
- The Oral B Vitality has a two minutes timer that aids you in cleaning for the dentist recommended brushing duration for efficient cleaning.
- It charges through magnetic induction and like most Oral B brushes, the charge lasts between 7-10 days on a single charge.
- It has relatively slower speeds than trademark top Oral B 3D rotary toothbrushes.
- It oscillates at 7600 strokes per minute compared to high-end Oral B power brushes that oscillate at 8800 and do up to 40,000 pulsations per minute. However, it is quite effective for cleaning teeth and removing plaque. It is also recommended for cleaning braces.
Check the Oral-B Vitality Dual Clean Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush on Amazon.
4. Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush is more or less the same cost as the Oral B Vitality. It is calmer than the Oral B Vitality. It employs patented sonic innovation to tenderly remove plaque in difficult-to-reach regions.
- It has a smart timer to enable you to hit the two minutes brushing recommended by dentists.
- The Philips essence is one of the best selling electric toothbrushes under 50
- The battery lasts for two weeks on a single charge
- Its bristles fade away when the brush head is due for replacement.
- The Philips Sonicare Essence 5600 Rechargeable Electric Toothbrush has an easy start mode that gradually pumps up the sonic oscillations slowly as you get used to the sonic experience of multiple strokes per minute.
- It comes in two colours; pink and blue/white. It is also sold as a twin pack for couples or twins.
The Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush is the best selling toothbrush in the budget/cheap electric toothbrush category. Here is why.
When it comes to basic “no-frills” tooth cleaning, the Philips Essence gives you the same efficiency as top-end toothbrushes like Sonicare DiamondClean. This is because it runs on the patented sonic teeth cleaning technology that makes up to 30,000 strokes per minute.
The only difference between top end Sonicare toothbrushes and the Philips Sonicare Essence is that the Essence runs on the basic cleaning mode of Daily Clean while to the top end versions give you more functionality, like 3-5 cleaning modes (clean, gum care,white, sensitive and polish mode.), USB charging, travel case and more “frills and bells”. The price of Sonicare Essence is right and will give you value for money, as it is also durable. It is probably the best inexpensive electric toothbrush.
Check the Philips Sonicare Essence Sonic Electric Toothbrush on Amazon.
5. Fairywill Electric Toothbrush
The Fairywill Electric Toothbrush is one of the best lightweight electric toothbrushes for small mouth. It is not only good for people with sensitive gums and teeth but also for travelers. However, it is not as competitive as Philips Sonicare and Oral B but still good for those who want to try an electric toothbrush on first use.
- 5 cleaning modes: clean and white modes for plaque and stain removal, sensitive and gum care modes for gently brushing up of teeth and gums, and polish mode for polishing your teeth making them look brighter.
- 3 Small rounded soft bristles brush head with bristle cover. However its bristles are straight at 90 degree compared to Oral B angled bristles brush heads that are claimed to remove more plaque at hard to reach areas than straight bristles.
- 2 minute timer to alert you when 2 minutes brushing time is over, it will beep after every 30 second to remind you to move from brushing one mouth section to another until all 4 sections are covered.
- USB charging- you get a USB charger cable where you can charge it via your laptop or computer or other adaptors but not a plug. If you want a plug too, you can buy it separately from Fairwill website
- Fairywill Electric Toothbrush is water proof meaning you can use it in shower but do not immense it on water
- Long lasting battery of up to 2 to 4 weeks time on fully charger
In Buying Best Cheap Electric Toothbrush: Consider This
Although they all serve the same purpose, rechargeable electric toothbrushes come in various designs. Depending on the one that you choose primarily comes down to personal preference and comfort.
- Bristle Variety and Aesthetic appeal: Just like the conventional toothbrush, the electrical ones also have different bristle textures and shapes. Like earlier said, customer preference is key to ultimate comfort. Go for the brush that you feel comfortable to use. Why consider the bristle variety? Here is why most of the doctors recommend a soft bristle head in case you have sensitive teeth or gums. Alternatively, some believe the medium is always the best in removing plaque.
- Brushing Modes: Ensure that you take the time to choose your brush. It is always prudent to buy a brush that offers different speed levels of pressure. Normally, best brushes have an option to create a customized mode that is ideal for the user.
- Battery life and charging abilities: The electric toothbrush power-up quickly. One can charge them and get to use them severally before the power elapses. You will require approximately 12hours to recharge your brush.
- Ergonomic Grip: Best electrical toothbrushes have a soft grip which makes them more comfy to use and handle. In case you don’t like the feel of vibrations, you might consider going for soft-grip handles that lessen the vibrations while brushing.
- Pressure sensors: Harsh scrubbing to remove plaque can do you more harm than good. You can opt to go for brushes that have pressure sensors. Some produce a beeping sound when you press too hard while others will automatically stop pulsing.
- After considering preference and lifestyle, buyers can decide what features are most important. There are several brands on the market that offer almost all the characteristics named above. In most cases, more features mean a higher price tag for the brush. In case you want a high-end model brush with several features, it’s important to make a few comparisons before making choices.
The thing that separates the top end and inexpensive, budget electric toothbrushes is the level of functionality. High-end toothbrushes have different customization features like whitening, settings for sensitive teeth, tongue cleaner, Bluetooth pairing and the list goes on. All these features enhance your teeth cleaning sessions.
However, if you are only interested in getting your teeth cleaned with a power toothbrush then an affordable cheap electric toothbrush will do.
Any good affordable electric toothbrush will do the job seven times better than a manual toothbrush. It will also help you brush for the dentist-recommended two minutes. In this case, any best electric toothbrush under $50 that is rechargeable will improve the way you brush your teeth and lead to better oral hygiene.